Monday, May 14, 2012

All-Time Reads - Try One!

This list, I believe, has something for everyone!  So grab your library card, go to your local indie, ask a friend if they have a copy (like me) or yes, even download to your favorite e-reader:) 

Anyone want to take a guess at which one is my favorite, favorite?
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
Still Missing by Chevy Stevens
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Pure by Julianna Baggott
Patty Jane's House of Curl by Lorna Landvik
The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran
Song of Fire and Ice series (Games of Thrones) by George R.R. Martin
A Town Like Alice and/or The Far Country by Nevil Shute
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
The Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon
84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
Crota by Owl Goingback 
I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga
Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot

***If you have any questions about any of the books, please let me know.  I'd be happy to personally recommend for you:)

I know I've left a few or more off, but this should get you started for the summer!  

4 comments:

  1. Oh duh, this is how I comment:) I would have to go with 84, Charing Cross Road or the The Alchemist...:) Ann Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Not quite, they are ones that I've read a few times and enjoy. You should read 84, Charing Cross Road:)

      Delete
  2. OK Erin; I have not read any of these books, but I will guess The Prophet....and my favorite book....oh there are so many. My oldest favorite "The Secret Garden", and The Family Nobody Wanted by Helen Doss, and "Papa's Wife, by Thyra Ferre Bjorn. Oldies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite book is a tough one, but here's one I read a while back that I really enjoyed and wish more people did too: http://www.jonathanstrange.com/

    ReplyDelete