Monday, April 30, 2012

Wine (and a beer) Musings

Would like to introduce you to two of my new favorite wines:  Paso Creek Cab Sauv & Castle Rock Pinot Noir (Mendocino County).  I do judge a wine by it's label and that was the first thing that drew me to both of these wines.  Thankfully, they didn't bite me for my decision.  The Paso Creek was perfect with our (me and the hubby's) New York Strip.  The Castle Rock was enjoyed without accompaniment but I will pair with some very dark chocolate next pour.  Both under $20 (think one was under $15).  And as  you can see, they make lovely and cheap vases!  Oh and I chose the Castle Rock also because it is from grapes grown in Mendocino County.  I recently met two wonderful ladies from the Gallery Bookshop in Mendocino and thought I'd give the region a try. 


Now a beer but it's a beer you can't get here, sorry.  But it will give you a chance to head to Nantucket someday just to have a cold pint.  Cisco Brewers is on the island of Nantucket (ACK) and I was able to enjoy it many a time when I lived there for a very formative nine months just after I graduated from college.  If they ever offer wholesale distribution to Florida, I'll make sure to keep in stock!!

All this talk of wine and I'd like a beautiful glass of red.  But I'll have to wait until the Tales & Talk book club meeting tonight at OLV

Clink!

No comments:

Post a Comment