Thursday, April 5, 2012

Spring Reading for All Ages

I've been remiss in reviewing some of the wonderful books I've read recently and/or have been read & reviewed for me.  Here's a brief list for your Spring Reading Pleasure:

Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers - Reviewed by Me and Vicky N. - A nun trained as an assassin; velvety dresses; Macgyver style weapons; poison and love combine to form a book with tiny lessons of redemption, finding out who you are and being strong.  (16 and up)

The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate - Reviewed by Judy C. and Ellen M. - It's a story about a gorilla.  That's all I know but Judy & Ellen tell me it's absolutely wonderful!!  I'll be starting this tonight and I'm almost guaranteed to enjoy it. (Upper Elementary/Middle School/All ages!)

172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad - Reviewed by Victoria V. - She really liked it!!!  Teenagers go to the moon.  I'll be reading after I'm done with The One and Only Ivan. (Middle & High School)

Iron House by John Hart - Why have I not read his books before and just finding out about him???  Love amongst bullets and a mystery to solve!  Just try to figure out which way Hart's going to turn next!  (Adult)

A Good American by Alex George - Beautiful and will make you believe that our country once had a dream and it's still out there, we just have to find it again.  (High School/Adult)

P.S. Don't forget to read A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash.  See previous review.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I didn't know until now that Johan Harstad has a new book coming out! How exciting! We had him in for an event in June and he was great. Thanks, Erin :)

    ReplyDelete