Monday, April 30, 2012

Breaking In a New Book(s)

So this weekend, I gave myself the time to relax and read before starting my wocation (work vacation).  I purchased 2 books on Friday (yes, from B&N).  I love breaking in a new book (yes, I break the spine as oft as I can).  Starting a new adventure, meeting a new friend or foe each time, it's a beautiful gift to have.  The gift of reading!  

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James - Well, let's just say I didn't do much of anything but finish on Saturday and it was well worth it.  I heard my voice saying the words that Anastasia said to Christian.  Not sure how to recommend other than saying - there's no shame in imagination.

The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh - Flip side of 50 Shades, just as drawing but on other emotions.  Started last night and I struggle today to actually work and not read.  Guess I will give myself an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon!  My heart aches for Victoria and I'm praying all will be redeemed by the end.  And I have a sudden urge to give someone flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment