Friday, February 17, 2012

What have I been reading?

I have all of these wonderful friends and family reading and reviewing books for me, I guess I should share some of the pages I've been turning.

A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty by Joshilyn Jackson - Strong females, laughter and secrets!  It's Joshilyn Jackson, you have to read it!!!

The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey - The cold and unforgiving wilderness of 1920s Alaska - a middle-aged childless couple - a snow child - love and hope.  Just released by Hachette!  It's already a hit.  Read it for your book club, share with your mom or sister!

The Perfect Gentleman by Imran Ahmad - "A Boy Meets the West" - The personal and hilarious and eye-opening journey of a Pakistani bonny baby through his years growing up in England.  I actually learned what it is to think like a man (scary).  Author is doing a 50-city driving tour - he's driving himself - May - June 2012.  Release date of April 2012 by Hachette.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Erin,

    Thank you for your kind words. I'm looking forward to the drive around America.

    I'm still finalizing a few venues. It's all here:

    http://www.perfect-gent.com/75-city.html

    Do you or your readers have any suggestions?

    Best regards,

    Imran

    www.perfect-gent.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Imran,

    We met at the Hachette Dinner in New Orleans!

    I see that on April 30, you plan on being in the Orlando/St. Pete area. I won't have the store open by then but I could host you at a great outdoor venue at my church in Orlando OR you can contact Inkwood Books in Tampa to see if they would like to do an event.

    I'll keep looking for other venues!

    Thanks!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erin,

    The outdoor church venue sounds intriguing. Can I use PowerPoint?

    Florida is still open. Please contact the e-mail address on the website and I'll be happy to confirm with you.

    Thank you!

    Best regards,

    Imran

    www.perfect-gent.com

    ReplyDelete