Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Withering Tights by Louise Rennison

Oh, the anticipation of your first snog...you never get that feeling back.  I'm over doubly past 14 and coming of age but it would be awesome to be Tallulah Casey and starting an exciting summer at a liberal arts camp and be tall with knees to my chin and wearing squirrel slippers in my loft bed.  This is the book that put me all in a dither and using my imaginary Yorkshire accent.  If you're a 14 year old girl or a 60 year old girl, you should read this book and just do an Irish jig because you can.  Ms. Rennison's words made me realize that that young girl is still in their somewhere, I just have to learn to give in and let her out every now and again (the tears, uncontrollable laughter and dancing amongst the trees).  Oh and this is the beginning of a series...

1 comment:

  1. I'm such a huge fan of the Georgia Nicolson series. They're absolutely fabulous, so I had pretty high expectations for Withering Tights. Withering Tights did not let me down, although it didn't start off as good as I expected. I'm going to try not to compare this series to the Georgia Nicolson series, but it'll be a little hard.

    ReplyDelete