Monday, August 1, 2011

I'll Walk Alone by Mary Higgins Clark

I believe I've read most, if not all, of Clark's books (as well as her daughter, Carol's) and I still have yet to figure out whodunit before the last chapter, grrr....  In I'll Walk Alone, I thought I had a pretty good chance but nope, she got me again.  That's why I always look forward to her books.  Not only are they an entertaining afternoon read, but they carry a high suspense puzzle that is fun trying to figure out.

Zan, the mother who lost her 3-year-old son the day the babysitter fell asleep, is very convincing as the picture of a distraught mom.  But two years later, is she as innocent as she looks.  She has blackouts and hears her son's voice, combine that with the newly discovered picture of her kidnapping Matthew, and her alibi of that day is cracking! Each character has their own reasons for wanting or not wanting the truth of Matty's disappearance to come to light.  

No comments:

Post a Comment